Enjoy quality coffee at work, a source of concentration and good humour. Or discover the benefits of tea, from stress reduction to disease prevention. Let yourself be seduced by these drinks to improve your well-being at work.
Yes, it's finally possible to have quality coffee and tea in the workplace. We've recently launched a new range to complement our existing products, with the aim of offering you maximum well-being at work.
The importance of a good coffee at work
Enjoying a good cup of coffee in the workplace is a luxury with many advantages and benefits. A good cup of coffee stimulates concentration, speeds up the metabolism, improves memory and, above all, puts you in a good mood. Who wouldn't dream of working with happy colleagues? Or sharing a coffee or tea break with a smile?
On the other hand, poor-quality coffee can put you in a bad mood, or even worse, spoil that long-awaited break. And don't forget that bad coffee can upset your stomach or make you ill.
Some of the benefits of coffee
- Coffee is rich in antioxidants: coffee beans are particularly rich in antioxidants, which help your body and your cells to function better. Antioxidants also help prevent certain diseases and maintain good health.
- It stimulates the mind: caffeine, a main component of coffee, helps to stimulate the body and mind, improving cognitive functions and memory, and promoting concentration and energy.
- Helps protect against headaches: caffeine is a vasodilator, which helps lower blood pressure, preventing the muscles in your veins from tightening and becoming narrower. However, you mustn't overdo it - no more than three cups - otherwise coffee could cause migraines.
- Reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes: Coffee can reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes by 25%, provided you drink no more than three to four cups a day. The exact reasons remain unclear, but coffee is rich in antioxidants, promotes fat metabolism and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Good for the heart: the lower blood pressure caused by coffee takes the strain off the heart. It may also have cardioprotective properties by reducing blood pressure.
And what about tea?
Does it really have any benefits for our bodies? Consumed for thousands of years in China, tea is an ally for our well-being, offering numerous benefits that are often overlooked when compared with other drinks.
Each type of tea has its own specific characteristics. Depending on your needs, it's essential to know the properties of each. The great thing about tea is that whatever you choose, it will always bring benefits to your body.
The benefits of tea for the body
- Reduces stress: tea helps regulate our emotional state and increases our sense of well-being.
- Energy without excitement: perhaps you didn't know it, but tea contains caffeine (better known as theine). Unlike the caffeine in coffee, theine is absorbed more slowly and stimulates your body over the long term.
- An ally against ageing: its high antioxidant content helps to combat oxidation and cell deterioration.
- Boosts the immune system: tea helps you get back on your feet in the event of a cold or viral infection, but be careful, it's not a medicine.
- Relieves the digestive system: tea helps reduce digestive discomfort. If you've had a heavy meal or a bloated tummy, tea is a good way to relieve the discomfort.
- Improves brain health: drinking tea helps to protect the brain and prevent age-related decline in cerebral organisation.
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease: once again, antioxidants help prevent the formation of blood clots. Regular consumption of tea reduces the risk of heart attack by 20%.
- Reduces the risk of diabetes: a Japanese study showed that 42% of people who drank 3 cups of tea a day reduced their blood sugar, insulin and insulin resistance levels. This is possible thanks to the antioxidants contained in tea.
In other words, whether you opt for coffee or tea, both offer numerous benefits for your body. However, it is essential to ensure the quality of the products you consume if you are to enjoy these moments of relaxation to the full.
At Fika, we offer you carefully selected coffee and tea, so that you can take full advantage of your precious moments of relaxation, accompanied by our loose or packaged snacks.